Moldavite is a green, glassy-looking meteor rock found in the Moldau River Valley in the Czech Republic. It is the product of a meteor collision with Earth nearly 15 million years ago. Because of Moldavite’s ‘extraterrestrial’ origins, it has been prized for thousands of years for its power to quicken spiritual evolution and raise the conscious awareness of those who use it. It is classified as one of the rarest of Tektite stones, with a hardness level of 5.5 to 6. It is a mixture of silicon dioxide, aluminum oxide, and other metal oxides. Its color can range from a deep forest green, to pale green, to greenish-brown.
Key Healing Properties
- Energy ascension & accelerated spiritual evolution
- Chakra cleansing & activation
- Healing & protection of the heart chakra
- Transformation & personal growth
- Manifesting life changes: new love, new career, physical healing
- Astra travel/projection
- Spirit Communication
How to work with Moldavite
Because of Moldavite’s high vibrational energy, I recommend working with the stone at home before wearing it out in public. Moldavite energy can make some users jittery, ’spacey’, or unable to focus on work or daily tasks. Meditate once a day for at least 20-30 minutes until you feel acclimated to the Moldavite energy. At that point you may determine if it is a stone you wish to wear everyday as a jewelry piece or talisman.
- Do not cleanse with salt! Moldavite has a fragile and soft composition. Try smudging with Sage, or a Selenite stone.
- Check out Love is in the Earth, by Melody; and Stones of the New Consciousness, by Robert Simmons for more information about the metaphysical properties of Moldavite.
- Make sure you trust the source of your Moldavite! Research before you buy, especially if you’re thinking about buying online.
Earth lore carries a nice selection of Moldavite specimens and sterling silver jewelry from our trusted Tektite source for over 10 years. Come on in and feel the vibration!