As human beings, we all endure losses, traumatic events, or a crisis of some kind over the course of our lives. Though each of us has our own unique way of coping with hardships and losses, the earth has provided us with universal tools to aid us in our journey back to joy. No matter the loss, the following tools will aid in overcoming grief, healing a broken heart, easing depression and loneliness, and promoting inner peace.
Used for centuries by mystics of many cultures, Cypress oil is an aromatheraputic tool used in healing and protection rituals. When burned in the home, or worn in a talisman, Cypress oil is a powerful symbol of eternity, healing, and love. Use in times of crisis such as the death of a friend or family member or the end of a significant relationship. Burn the oil in an aroma diffuser every night before bed until your grieving period subsides. You may also put 30 drops of oil in a 4oz spray bottle of distilled water. This spray can be used to mist over your aura when you are grieving, or feeling depressed.
- Apache Tears: Helps one relieve sadness and overcome grief
- Lepidolite: Aids in relieving depression and anxiety
- Amethyst: Calms fears and helps dispel fear and anger
- Botswana Agate: Eases loneliness and protects one from negative influences
- Rose Quartz: Promotes love and harmony
- St. John’s Wort: Helps ease depression
- Kava-Kava: Aids in relaxation
- Ginseng: Boosts energy and vitality
Lastly, remember that grief and sadness are normal human experiences. You are not alone in the universe. Use the tools provided here as a supplement to professional counseling, and releasing emotions by writing daily in your journal.
All of the tools above are available at Earth Lore in Plymouth, MI.
Peace be with you.